Fears and Phobias
Gain control and overcome your fears with hypnotherapy for anxiety in Stoke & Congleton with Bright Butterfly.
A phobia is an irrational fear, literally a fear without good reason, or a fear of something that may not happen. People with phobias often experience unwanted responses to animals, objects, insects, actions or places.
When somebody holds an exaggerated or unrealistic sense of danger about an object, person or situation, we call it a phobia. Phobias are more pronounced than fears and severe phobias can cause sufferers to change their entire life. Avoiding certain situations or places or restricting day-to-day activities can cause a lot of distress. It’s no way to live.
This physical response is known as a stress response; feeling like you want to get away, or just hide. It is estimated that more than 11% of the population have some kind of irrational fear. (NCH)
People seek help when it starts to stop them living their lives as they want to. Dreading the summer or going on holiday. Fear going out or that their behaviour may be passed onto their children.
The fear of something is a learned behaviour, that over time is reinforced. So, it is exposure to that fear which makes it worse.
What you experience
There are many fears and phobias, these are some of the common ones, many that I have helped people with.
- Fear of flying/driving/travelling (I had this one myself)
- Fear of sickness (often linked to social phobias)
- Fear of insects
- Fear of heights
- Fear of needles
- Fear of dentists
- Fear of animals
- Fear of food/choking
- Fear of water
- Fear of clowns.
Creating positive change will
Creating positive change will:
- Help you feel more relaxed, calmer and at ease with yourself
- Free you of negative or harmful thoughts.
- Give you the confidence to be yourself and find inner peace.
- Enable you to have fulfilling relationships.
- Help you to achieve more, do more.
What therapies can help you/solutions
If you suffer with fears and phobias in Congleton or Stoke, Jo will work with you to
Identify your negative thoughts, feelings, and behaviour patterns.
Address the root cause of your issues.
Create positive change
The number of sessions required to treat fears and phobias can be between one and 5, depending on the presenting issue.
Typically, with most presenting issues I work with people for one to three sessions.
Solutions for fears and phobias may involve
- Brain Working Recursive Therapy (BWRT®) a therapy that is effective in working with fears and phobias.
- Hypnotherapy, can benefit in calming the mind and creating new positive behaviours
- Hypno-analysis is a great therapy for resolving a subconscious issue that is creating a psychological or emotional block. It can release repressed events that have caused further effects throughout other parts of your life. It can help resolve multiple problems simultaneously on a deep and long lasting level.
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) is like a form of psychological acupressure. It involves tapping different areas of your face and body while talking about traumatic experiences or verbalising your goals to simultaneously alter your brain, energy system and body.