How important is liver health?
The liver can increase weight loss and improve your mood. Its role in our health is critical, with more than 500 vital functions!
Therefore, it can improve the ability to increase weight loss and improve our moods.
Up to 13% of our blood is held within the liver at any one time and it filters over 1 litre of blood every minute! Put simply we could survive longer than a day without it so it’s vitally important to look after this complex of all organs
- Stores and regulates; vitamins, sugar and iron
- Controls production of cholesterol and proteins
- Cleans the blood of waste products by neutralizing toxin
- Makes clotting factors to stop excessive bleeding after injury
So what can we do to look after the liver?
- Drink clean water – at least 2 litres of fresh water each day
- Eat well – sugar, caffeine processed foods, white bread and pasta are all enemies of the liver, so try to avoid these
- Cut back – limit your alcohol intake and if you do drink more than your daily recommended amount try and have 48 hours’ alcohol – free after to allow your liver to recover
- Rest – sleep helps it increases melatonin that neutralises free radicals and regenerates your system
- Be active – exercise will oxygenate you blood and liver
- Avoid medicines – antibiotics, anti-inflammatory, the pill and HRT all have an impact on liver health
- Support this vital organ with good nutrition and your overall health will benefit